Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Peasblossom Creations

Well, I've done it.  I've made the first steps to opening my own (small) business!  I am rationalizing this as a way to pay for graduate school (side note: I got into the University of Washington's Information School for fall 2011! Woo!) but really I just like the idea of people wearing and using the stuff I make.  And maybe making a little bit o' cash on the side.

I've been reading The Handmade Marketplace by Kari Chapin and have been making preliminary plans.  All this is tremendously exciting!  I have a new blog and an Etsy store but there isn't anything in them yet.  I want to get a little inventory stocked up before I go live and have a better plan for how to maintain my online presence.  There is also a whole bunch of tax, "doing business as", and official stuff that I need to figure out before I really get going.  I need to do this right; accidental tax evasion is apparently the same thing as intending not to pay your taxes.

This book has been really helpful and I foresee it continuing to be so in the future.

So, without further ado, let me introduce...

Peasblossom Creations!

The blog will be at PeasblossomCreations.blogspot.com and the store lives virtually at PeasblossomCreations.etsy.com.  As I said earlier, there isn't anything there yet.  But just you wait (Henry Higgins)!  Soon enough there will be things to buy and request and comment on and generally admire.

On Facebook? Like my page at (Facebook link)!
Do you Tweet? Follow me at @PsblossomCreate (Twitter link)!

In the mean time, if you're interested in ordering a hand knitted object, send me an email at knittinsmitten@gmail.com and we'll talk.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new business! Sounds like you'll be busy. I'm looking forward to hearing your progress. Keep me/us posted!

    XXOO,
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete