Tuesday, August 3, 2010

News from KnitWits


For the past week or so, I've been in the process of moving into my new apartment. (See image on the right). This is a much bigger undertaking than I anticipated; this was my first big move (and I moved into my own place so I had to furnish the whole darn thing.. thanks Mom and Dad!) and, as if that wasn't enough pressure and stress, Curtis moved back to Seattle the same weekend. Two moves to coordinate! I suppose it's not surprising I haven't gotten more knitting done. 

I've received two very exciting bits of information from the lovely KnitWit duo in Kirkland, Washington.

1. A knit shop is opening up in Kirkland! It's called Serial Knitters (click HERE to visit their website). The shop is located in Kirkland, Washington at 8427 122nd Avenue NE. Opening weekend is next weekend (August 6th - August 8th) and they're having drawings and door prizes! And of course, there is yarn for sale. It looks like the store is going to do lots of interesting things (they have a 'sci fi' night where they'll be showing a sci fi television series while you can come knit... the first one is Farscape) and they have a ton of classes and events listed. Since I'll be busy that first weekend taking care of middle schoolers (I'm a resident assistant for the Whitman WISE program), it looks like I'll have to send Curtis to do some reconnaissance.

2. If you're feeling charitable, RedHeart has a knitting kit for you! The HeartScarves project benefits the WomenHeart organization (Go Red for Women). For just $12.99 ($3 of which get donated by RedHeart to WomenHeart) you get yarn, needles, a booklet instructing you how to make a scarf, information on how knitting is good for your health, and a plastic carrying case. After you finish knitting your scarf, you can donate to WomenHeart and it will go to a woman struggling with heart disease. Interested? Click HERE.

Well, that's it for now! I've got more unpacking to do.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It didn't look quite so stuffed when I was there. Keep at it! You'll get there eventually.

    Hugs and kisses,
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete